What do you do when your dreams are shattered? What do you do when your life isn’t turning out the way you thought? What do you do when you have to turn to Plan B? These are questions author Pete Wilson asked and tried to answer in his book “Plan B.”
I love the honesty of Pete Wilson and how that translates to his writing. The sections of the book relate to his personal experiences being a lead pastor of Cross Point Church. His thoughts will help readers come to grips with the truth about life’s realities and hardships. He makes people understand that in the midst of crisis, there is hope, that God has a purpose in every circumstance.
Here are my favorite quotes from the book:
– When people ask me how they can know God’s will for their lives, I will tell them the best first step is to know God. Beyond that I really don’t have any steps.
– God’s power generally gets released when somebody trusts him enough to obey him.
– God does his best work in hopeless situations.
– When you respond in your current circumstances as if you were confident that God is there, you will see God in the circumstances.
– If you don’t remember God’s faithfulness, you’re going to have a hard time trusting him when you are up against the wall.
– You need to know the cross is not just the starting line. It’s the very centerpiece of your story with God. It’s the place where the pain of “you will have trouble” meets the triumph of “I have defeated the world.”
– Instead of an answer, God offers us something better. He offers us a solution. He offers us the cross.
The Plan B book is offered with 32% discount on Amazon: Plan B: What Do You Do When God Doesn’t Show Up the Way You Thought He Would?.