I was watching Good Morning America this morning and saw actress Valerie Bertinelli cooking a low-calorie soup recipe. Bertinelli got the soup recipe from Jenny Craig, of which she is a spokeswoman. Wanna lose 40 lbs like Bertinelli? Recipe is below.
– 1 1/4 cup eggplant, peeled and cubed
– 1 cup water
– 1 can whole tomatoes, no salt added, undrained and chopped (14 1/2-ounce)
– 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained (OR 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced)
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 small summer (yellow) squash, coarsely chopped
– 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, dried
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/8 tsp pepper
– 12 oz can chicken broth, reduced sodium
– 8 tbsp Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
Combine the first 10 ingredients in a large saucepan, stirring well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. To serve, ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle 2 tbsp of Pecorino Romano cheese.
Valerie Bertinelli is busy promoting her new book “Finding It.”
Video: Valerie Bertinelli Bikini Commercial